Friday, July 2, 2010

Rest day

I never thought I'd be looking forward to a rest day, but today it's beyond brilliant.
No exercise at all today, no getting up at 5am for Tabata, no pushing slabs of iron around, no pushing so hard I feel like I'm going to puke.

1 day a week of rest feels fantastic.

It's still a normal day nutrition wise:

Breakfast: 0ats
Snack: apple
Lunch: tin of tuna + salad
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: home made meatballs and pasta

Todays nutrition log (not inc dinner as I haven't added that in yet)
Calories: 541
Carbs: 72.2g (53%)
Fat: 15.0g (25%)
Protein: 28.4g (21%)

While the carb content looks high - it's realistically all quite healthy with the majority coming from my breakfast (34g), the remainder from fruit and veg (25.2g).

Looking forward to really pushing myself though through the next 2 months to try and win the bodybuilding.com transformation competition, hoping to be able to drop around 5kg and at least 5% bodyfat.

I know with this though that I'll have to tighten up my diet and push myself a little harder in the workouts but that said - no problem I'm more motivated than ever.

Tomorrow I'm planning on going for a 5km run, then Sunday a 15km walk.
The training switches around a little on Monday, kettlebell instead of run and on Wednesday run instead of Kettlebell.

This is in prep for the running work I will be doing for the City to Bay 12km run - I'll be working with staff from the SA Road Runners Association to get ready to run the distance in September.

I think that's about all for now, so have a great day and I'll update again tomorrow with a Sportypal GPS log of my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment