Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First night of running training

Rocked up at the run training and was fairly nervous - didn't really know what to expect.
The unexpected always makes me nervous, but I'm not the sort of person to let a little bit of nerves get to me...

So we started off with about 50 people in the class and then it split off with the SA Road Runners doing their regular wednesday run (8,12,17 km) and the rest of us went off on a 45 minute run, broken into three sections.

The first section I ran a bit quick and felt that I was losing my breath, I slowed it down a bit on the second leg and felt fine, the third leg I found my pace and felt comfortable - for the first time I've gone running - I found my pace and rhythm and really felt comfortable.

Could have kept that pace and breathing up for a LOT longer than we did.
Now just to keep that pace and technique for the next session.

Only downside of the training is that they expect us to go for at least 2 x 45 minute runs before the next session, which I'm not sure where I will fit it in.... :S still will do what I can.

Fingers crossed that in 8 weeks time I will be able to run 12km if not comfortably, at least in majority :)

No comments:

Post a Comment