Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Early morning Stationary cycle, protein and run training

Well this morning went for a 15 minute session of HIIT on the stationary bike, not huge by any stretch, but HIIT is designed to be done in short bursts, due to how hard it is and how easy it is to get your heart rate up.

Was good - always leaves me feeling more energised when I've worked out in the morning.

Today I've had to increase my protein intake so I've had a protein shake (I do love my NHS natural flavoured protein + NHS chocolate flavour) .... trying to keep things in balance atm.

Have also been reading up on the Warrior diet or Intermittent fasting - i'm still not convinced.
I can see merit in it sure - but I just can't see it being something long term sustainable for the average person.

Either way - tonight is the first session of the running training - am somewhat nervous, but sure it will be good.

My training partner is already whingey, my sister has done her knee so it could be me running alone... well we'll see bring it on SA Road Runners Club i'm keen and need to get to the 12km :)

No comments:

Post a Comment