Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Double Tabata and GPS HRM.

Decided tonight that I'm going to give my training partner and myself a flogging.

Tonight is going to be a Tabata session split into two routines first will be 5x4, second will be 5x4.

After the first routine, my training partner and I will switch roles - IE he will go first, while I time.
Once done we swap, then swap again.

I'm thinking the sets will be:

Set 1:
Burpees
Thrusters
Pushups
Squats
Dips

Set 2:
Lunges
High Knees
V Situps
Oblique crunches + toetaps
Hovers

Should be quite a good session that will leave both of us feeling like we're going to puke.

As a side note - I've decided I'm going to order a Heart Rate Monitor / GPS tracker / workout tracking tool.

After looking around and reading a bit - the one that I have decided on is the Garmin 310XT based on pricing and functionality.

My requirements are GPS tracking, Heart Rate Monitor, PC uplink, Addons for indoor work (eg foot pods).

The Garmin met all the requirements and reading the reviews sounds like it will more than meet my expectations.

Going to be grabbing one soon and will update once I have used it a few times (who knows may even start including the data on workouts).

Garmin 310xt with HRM @ Highlytunedathletes.com.au and an awesome review.

Looking forward to getting one and working out with it.

Oh one last thing - shin pain has eased a little since last night - so will see how I go, but will potentially not be able to run for a few more days :(

No comments:

Post a Comment