Monday, October 31, 2011

Training really does lift the spirit

So today was pretty shit for me, stress, grumpy and feeling a little exposed in my work life left me feeling average tonight.

Walking down to Momentum I just didn't want to bother, a very big part of me kept saying "Just blow it off, go home and have a scotch" but I kept walking, kept trying to get motivated.

I got to the gym still in a pretty bad mood and still not really feeling it, but thought I'm here now - so lets do this.
Jumped into kick boxing with Elle and instantly it lifted my mood, granted I didn't push hard in that session, but I could feel my mood change for the better.

Before starting fight training I let Val know that I was feeling pretty shit still, not motivated and struggling with the decision to be there today, but not to let me slack - if he sees me holding back and not working hard to give me a kick in the arse.

Two of the team members tonight where really encouraging, one saying how it's nights when you feel like shit and don't want to train - those are the nights you need it.

Another just being his usual encouraging self, the whole team is fantastic and I can't wait to be in their corner when they fight and have them in mine.

Anyway - off topic a little.

The chat with Val, it worked.
I don't think I needed the extra push - I found it in me to just work hard and not let the other shit into my head.

By the end of fight training - which was drills and body sparring I felt good.
My stress, my worries and the BS from the day - I hadn't even considered it for the last hour and 45.

Just what the doctor ordered.

So I'll keep that in mind for next time I feel like shit, don't want to train.
I'm going to go, work hard, get a sweat up and forget my troubles.

Feels good, but damn I stink.
Time for a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment