Thursday, October 13, 2011

Training and the mental reset button

Last nights training was fantastic, a little limited near the end for me because of pain, but otherwise fantastic.

started with a mini circuit tailored to each of the fight team members needs.

Mine was kettlebell press, jab / cross on the heavy bag the round kicks.

15,30,15 x 5 sets.
It might not sound a lot but try giving that session 100% and pushing for speed and power.

We then moved outside for sprints, 20m sprint jog backwards, repeat. This was only a five minute session but sprinting with others...let's just say I don't like to lose.

Then it was time for sparring, I got hit a lot but know what I need to do to improve, near the end I needed to sit out, my injury flared up causing a fair amount of pain.

Back to the physio today.

On the mental state I'm still struggling with it, but just trying to focus and push myself to break my mental barriers.

I feel motivated now but I'm sure the negativity will probably creep back in.

Here's hopping I can shake it off if it does come back.

Weight wise I've set a new goal 70kg by xmas, so I can get a rib tattoo and be closer to my ideal fight weight.

The goal will be a push - approx 12kg in a short time, but I do like a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment