Monday, October 17, 2011

Move your head to the beat or get your face punched to it

Move your head.
Move your head.
Head outside the hands, MOVE YOUR HEAD, HANDS UP, RIGHT HAND UP!

That's what I can hear still from tonight, but what an epic session - I have never felt that close to puking before, I was at the limit, coughing, spluttering and feeling like it was about to be the end of me.

I had pain, I got hit, I tried to focus and not cower away, to keep on moving and push forward.
I really need to work on my aggression, I go to soft and don't throw to connect.
Not sure what that's all about, shit I don't like getting hit, so what better way to prevent that?

MOVE AND HIT THEM FIRST!

I get so frustrated with myself sometimes when I get tagged all the time, particularly when I do something dumb like duck my head and get tagged across the back or open my guard and get my nose smashed.

(Made my eyes water and expected a blood nose tonight but nothing)

It's hard to maintain that focus, but when I'm there all I can see and hear is what I need to do.
More practice, more power, more conditioning and I'll get there.

I thought tonight was going to be good and damn - I was right.
I'm spent now.
I gave everything I had - I tried to push on even when I wanted to puke, but the coach called time and let me rest. (Thanks Val - I probably needed it)

Sometimes I feel like I give in to easy, that I should have sucked it up and pushed through, but I'm honestly not sure if I could have gone another 10 - 15 minutes tonight :|

I guess you don't know unless you push to that point and then go a little further.
All I know is that I tried not to limit myself tonight and just go in do whatever I was asked to do.

Next session - I'll give the same 100% and see if I can push myself further than tonight.
That's what it really all comes down to - pushing your limits, boundaries and fears aside and reaching beyond where your mind says "Stop".

The body can usually take it and more, it's the mind that gives out first.
Toughen the body through training, toughen the mind by believing and accepting that you can probably still squeeze more out of yourself, no matter how tired, beaten up, sore, or ready to give up you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment