Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New weight routine - starts tonight

So I have decided to make use of my non fight training days (Tuesday, Thursday) for weight training.
It's been nearly six months since I've done any weight work - so I am starting again with a basic / intermediate full body routine.

This routine covers the majority of the body and will tide me over for two - three months while I get back into it.

I am not aiming to build massive bulk but lean strong muscle, so the weight which I haven't decided on yet - won't be massive.

The routine will be as follows:

Edit: on advice from a good friend, I will be adding chinups to the routine

Bent over two dumbbell row  2 x 15
Dumbbell bench press 2 x 15
Dumbbell lunge 2 x 15
Dumbbell one arm shoulder press 2 x 15
Dumbbell squat 2 x 15
Dumbbell iron cross 2 x 15
Bent arm double pullover 2 x 15
Alternate hammer curls 2 x 15
Dumbbell tricep extension 2 x 15
Bench dips 2 x 15
Chin-ups 2 x 15

I'm looking forward to getting back into it and building some strength back (I feel that I've lost some with the big cardio / martial arts push) so this will be a nice refresher course :)

This would then mean that I am training:
Monday: Kick boxing beginners (warm up - 45 minute), Fight training (Conditioning / Sparring -1 hr)
Tuesday: Weights
Wednesday: Fight training (Conditioning - 1 hr), Fight training (Sparring - 1 hr)
Thursday: Weights
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Fight training (Conditioning - 1 hr)
Sunday: Cycle (Anywhere from 20 - 100km ride - 1 - 4 hours)

Coupled with the IF, healthy eating and 'No Cheat November' I should reach the 70kg goal in good time.

Tally ho!

2 comments:

B van de Weyer said...

Chins or lat pull down dude. You've got back thickness covered but not width.

Ben said...

Thanks BJ - I'll add in a series of Chins as I'm trying to keep this mostly equipment free.

Post a Comment