Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mindset

After some reflection last night from my last post, I've realised what I need to do.

Instead of holding back and accepting that I am not as fit or as good as the other team members, I need to train like every session is the last before I fight.

I need to embrace the moment and do the things I know I can.

The self doubt is something I need to put to bed 100% and accept that to get what I want I need to work harder, push myself passed my mental and physical limitations.

I need to keep going when others stop and not be the first to bitch out - just because it hurts or my mind loses focus.

I know what I want, I have the tools and knowledge to make it happen, I have the heart and dedication - it's time to silence my mental critics and work hard to make it all possible.

I need to stop making excuses and finding ways out of things - real or not I need to learn to train around them (Sick, Injury etc) and make sure I push myself as hard as I possibly can - otherwise I will not improve.

There is one more thing I need to remember: I will get hit, it might hurt but it WILL NOT KILL ME!

Going to finish this post with a quote because it is not only apt but very true.

" The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses -behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."

Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment