Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fight training

Today's session was hard.
Hard and intense - not as full on as other sessions with sparring, but today was different.

Different for me more than the others.
I went with a different mindset, instead of being nervous about being rubbish, worse than others or that I was going to hurt - I just went, prepared for whatever the coaches would give us.

No matter what it was I was ready - and ready to give it my all.

Made a huge difference to my training, instead of a degree of nerves and trepidation - I just wanted to get it going and get it done.

After the session we talked about the mental switch and what it takes to be a fighter - I understand 100%. It's the switch I had to toggle in my own head and finally have it sorted.

It's about zoning out all the other bullshit in your life, work, family, friends, none of it matters when you're training. You just have to push as hard as your body and mind will let you.

Listen to the coaches, do what your told and push until you feel you can't push anymore - then suck it up, find that last 10% and give it everything.

Lay it all on the line because if you don't you're not getting everything out of it, you're holding yourself back.

So today that's what I was ready to do - work till I puked, then keep working, push till I had nothing left then find that extra.

It was an incredible session for me.

Really looking forward to taking this attitude to next week and all future training sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment