Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Injury - downtime :(

So it's now over a week since I injured my ribs, they are still sore as fuck.
I breathe to heavily - it hurts
I exercise - it hurts
I sneeze and feel like my whole side is on fire.

It's driving me nuts - I just want to get back to training, but can't.
Simply because I'd be useless there:

Lift this - pain
Spar - pain
hit the bag - pain

To some extent pain is expected in this sport and I can normally deal with it, but when it's affecting every single thing I do - it's fucking annoying.

I trained tonight trying to put the pain aside - 40 minutes on the cross trainer (500 calories) and found it ok while I was working - just slight twinges, but afterwards it's sore as again.

Dr recommended a few things which I've been trying but hasn't really helped to much.
Question is do I suck it up, risk it being worse and go back to training or keep trying to train outside of fight training?

*Sigh* Why did I have to take this sport up at 30....?

No comments:

Post a Comment