Friday, February 24, 2012

Injured. Again.

Injury sucks, but it is in the very nature of my sport. You can't expect to hit & kick and in turn be hit and kicked without injury, that's just how it is.

This is the second injury I've had to my ribs, this one being a strained intercostal muscle (the little strap between each rib).

Basically this muscle helps the rib cage expand and is in constant use.

Breathing heavily hurts, coughing hurts, exercise really hurts and sneezing.......

The pain is mostly dull throbbing, but other times it's sharp - kind of like someone sticking a knife in your side.

So, with that said I'm on 'rest' right now, which is really frustrating. I'm on a tight schedule to reach my goals and want to push my fighting skills to the next level, but if I push it more right now a week might turn into three, four, five who knows - not what I want.

These things suck but can't be helped the key is to stay focussed, wait it out then smash it when I can go back.

Open to suggestions for any exercises to try that won't aggravate the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment