Thursday, August 12, 2010

SARRC Training

Well last night was the running training and I have to say I was reasonably happy with both sustained pace, minimal walking and even managed a flat out 250m sprint at the end.

A time of 55:44 which while slower than my 8.1km run the other day - doesn't take into account traffic light stops / group catch up stop.

I don't believe in pausing the timer as it's effectively recovery time.

Pace was: 7:20 per KM / 8.18 KPH which again slower than the 8.1km but as that's calculated on the total time to complete it doesn't factor in the stoppages.

I would say at a guess that you could almost take off 2 - 3 minutes from the stoppage time at a minimum.

Either way quite a good run and I felt comfortable at it - even felt quite good during the sprint admittedly I was properly stuffed by the time I got to the end and was feeling everything burn, a few minutes to get my breath back and some stretches and right as rain.

Now considering a 7.5km run home from work on Friday night... will see though not 100% on that as I'll have my bag with and it's not fantastic for running.


HRM output below:


No comments:

Post a Comment