Sunday, August 15, 2010

Running fails

Well the last two runs I have been on have been fails.
The first - I decided to run from work to my mother in laws (7.5km) which I thought shouldn't be a problem even with my bag of work clothes.

Learned a valuable lesson - running with a backpack not designed for running is fail.
The backpack kept swinging around all over the place putting me off stride and causing me some pretty full on pain in the calves / shins.

Tried to tie it across my chest and it kept pulling the hrm off.

Gave up running and just walked - total time 1 hr 5 mins - avg heart rate of 130 - max 222 EEEP!

Today's run in driving wind and rain lacked motivation - every time my brain said 'walk' I didn't hesitate - I didn't even try and push through to the next milestone - I just walked.

I don't think my head was in it even so - no excuse.
4.5km in 31 minutes avg hr 155 max 178.

Need to step it up a bit more I think, if I'm to achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment