Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SARRC Interval training

Well tonight we did our first batch of interval training, was pretty good.
covered 7.2km according to the GPS and burnt 700+ calories.

The run was broken into stages:

Stage 1: light warm up run to the sweat track
Stage 2: 8km survival pace (300m)
Stage 3: Slow jog back (300m)
Stage 4: Repeat stage 2 and 3 for 30 minutes
Stage 5: light cool down run back to the school

Not a bad session I felt a bit of pain in the shins, but just tried to push through it and it worked don't feel to bad now.

Was averaging about 1 min 25 on the stage 2 section and around 2 min on the stage 3.

Not bad at all.

Didn't end up logging food today - to busy at work, so I will start this Sunday again and log for the next week.

Have asked my fiance to give me a kick tomorrow AM if I don't get up and do a tabata session am aiming to burn approx 3000 calories a week currently with four workouts down I have covered 16km (a fair way off of the 30km that SARRC expect per week by now) but also 1731 calories.

Another goal to strive towards :)

Motivation appears to be back - lets hope I can keep it up and not only smash the 12km run but also get my target of 75kg and 10% bodyfat.

No comments:

Post a Comment