Saturday, August 7, 2010

First solo 8.1km run + weigh in day

Well today has been pretty full on so far and I'm glad of that, since the last week I have been a little slack.

Today I've just completed my first solo 8.1km run in 0:55:04 which gave me a pace of 6:48 per km, not to far off of the 6:40 per minute pace that I need to finish the city to bay 12km in 1:20:00 - I'm fairly happy with my effort today I really felt like I pushed myself hard.

HRM put the run at an average HR of 157 and maximum of 183.
A whopping 823 calories burnt as well - which is great.

I felt strong through the run, even though I did break to walk reasonably frequently - but my method was that it was 30 seconds to 1 minute to walk - then run again for as far as I could.

Nearing the end of the run - I had to push myself a bit harder as I wanted to finish under 58 minutes - all I could think about was 7 minutes to go, run harder which really helped.

Unfortunately during my burst at the end I almost got knocked over by a car, my fault but not a great way to finish (no injury as no contact but it was close) - even worse... there was a police car watching everything unfold - eep.

Anyway moving on - today is also weigh in day so my stats will be updated on bodybuilding.com and the pictures uploaded here.

Not a great fortnight weigh in wise:

Weight: 84.4 kg (from 84.7)
Bodyfat % (Scale): 21.8 % (same as last weigh in)
Waist: 98.5cm (from 101.5cm)

I know I have to tighten the diet up a bit more, push the tabata and HIIT sessions a bit more and probably increase the intensity during the kettlebell sessions.

Regardless - it's mostly still dropping which I'm happy with :)

HRM output below and updated body change photos on the progress pics page.



No comments:

Post a Comment