Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thump bang crunch.

Last night was the first session back at fight training for a little while.
I went in with the attitude that I would give my all and do what I could.

It was a great session of drills + sparring, apparently at 20% power.
My fat lip, grazed nose, bruised knee and black eye don't really think it was at the 20% mark.

Either way it was a great session and while looking a little banged up I don't feel to bad.
I had a moment though when getting pasted in the sparring that my mind shutdown, I went to instinct and my instinct failed me.

Not a good feeling to be getting pummelled and have no idea what you should be doing.
*something to work on I guess*

Just have to identify how to prevent that from happening again, I don't mind my brain shutting off in sparring and relying on instinct, but that instinct needs to be able to withstand the pressure and keep me from getting pasted all over the place.

Maybe more agression I don't know.
The coaches did say that I fight 'to nice' right now and that I need to fire up.

They have said that to me before as well.
Perhaps I need to work on my aggression :|

Who knows, I'll just keep on going and putting in until I get it right.

Picture below is my eye - photo doesn't really do it justice - it's black swollen and sore - but you get that will probably look worse again tomorrow as I normally take a bit to bruise up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment