Monday, March 26, 2012

The effects of the bad food weekend

Well it's Monday, back at work, back to training, back to eating my normal food.
Unfortunately over the weekend I indulged in a bit of a binge.

Crackers, cheese, pate, chocolate, alcohol, pies and other high carb foods.
I don't have a problem with a cheat day here and there, but the simply truth is - I binged and ate to much crappy food.

My body responded by stacking on the kg's over the weekend.
Friday morning when I stepped on the scales I was 76kg, this morning I was 79kg.

That's a fairly significant change considering how hard I worked on Saturday at the snake pit.
So basically my body responded to that intake of shitty foods, by pushing the weight back onto me.

Fail for my immediate goals.
Time to work hard again and see if I can smash it back as quickly as possible.

The unfortunate thing with this is that it takes so long to get weight off, but no time at all to put it back on.

Granted I binged over all three days - but still.

No wonder people get discouraged with weight loss, it's not an easy road to run.
Side note: I get tattooed on Saturday - the start of a full sleeve, that means no training for a week possibly two (while it heals up), have to try hard to stay on track with the eating and other exercise since I am only just back from injury.

Funny how life works really.

Oh one more thing: my black eye from Wednesday night, it's still there. Nice and yellow with some black / red highlights still ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment