Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time to burn

Fight training last night, but where do I start?
Perhaps at intensity, endurance or intent?

Probably best to start at the beginning.
I was nervous as I got changed because I hadn't been in ages, what do I expect? Is it going to destroy me? Has the intensity and skills of the others left me dragging in the wake?

These thoughts and more went through my mind but I pushed them aside and made a mental commitment to train till I couldn't.

The first session was a pyramid circuit with the exercises decided by a giant dice.
It was hard but great, by the end I was soaked in sweat and breathing heavy.

When that session finished I was looking forward to the break - oops to soon.

We all got given an extra 45 minutes of cardio to complete before the third session.

I got exercise bike, 20km in 45 which is a bit quicker than my road riding.

As that finished third session started, base skill.work for me and two others, heavy sparring for two more. It was good, nice to have a specific focus with things to improve.

I want to be the best version of myself that I can so I have no problems working the basic skillset until it is polished.

That way when the reliance is on instinct and non-cognitive movement it will still be half decent.

After three hours of training I was exhausted, hungry and you could smell the sweat from distance.

The main theme was train hard, fight easy and we sure did that last night.

Tonight am doing the thai class to improve fitness and technique, one class should seem easy after last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment