Friday, January 6, 2012

Weights and the paleo after-fast feast

Last night I hit the weights room for my routine, felt good but struggled a little bit - it's been a while.

I also had to modify a little iron crosses still kill me, the age old saying about flys being one of the greatest exercise for making you feel like a pussy, is amplified by 100% when doing iron crosses......

Regardless the session was still good.
I'd been fasting all day and could feel it as I hit the gym.

Probably need to organise some protein to break the fast pre workout.

Last nights dinner was grilled chicken and boiled veg, all healthy paleo and tasted a1.

Because it was a fast day I also treated myself to a paleo friendly dessert - a Thai inspired hot banana & coconut cream dish with cinnamon.

Delightful and paleo a-ok :)
Might add some small chopped chilli next time though.

All up the meal came to 643 calories, 28g fat, 46g protein and 42g carbs.

The carbs are on track but the other two need to be higher particularly protein I'm aiming for around 150g a day.

You might think how can you be full after a meal that small, but after a day of fasting the small meal feels like an epic after battle feast.

Today is a normal paleo food day and rest day for exercise so will update again tomorrow after my bike ride, aiming for around 100km and need to figure out my nutrition strategy - since everyone believes carbs are a must for endurance sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment