Friday, January 13, 2012

Run, run, run or get those intervals done.

Last night I did the second batch of interval sprints on the treadmill.

The first session I did a pyramid, this time just a straight set of increasing intervals.

The set went like this:
3m warmup @ 4.5kph / 0% incline
2m @ 13kph / 1% incline
1m @ 5kph / 1% incline
2m @ 14kph / 2% incline
1m @ 5kph / 2% incline
2m @ 15kph / 3% incline
1m @ 5kph / 3% incline
2m @ 16kph / 4% incline
2m @ 5kph / 4% incline
2m @ 17kph / 5% incline
2m @ 5kph / 5% incline
2m @ 18kph / 5% incline
2m @ 5kph / incline slowly dropped to 2.5%
3m @ 12.5kph / 2.5% incline
3m @ 5kph cooldown / incline slowly dropped to 0%

Was a good workout and had a "nsv" or non scale victory: my heart rate monitor kept on slipping off so it's time to adjust it smaller :)

About ten minutes after the intervals I didn't feel like I'd done a workout so, I think next time I might push harder.

Also had paleo friendly ham burgers last night, absolutely epic.

Homemade beef mince patty
Egg
Bacon
Onion
Beetroot
cheese (not 100% paleo)
Wrapped in a lettuce leaf.

Bloody fantastic - the lettuce leaf provides a crunchy almost sweet and refreshing flavour to the burger.

New favourite food for me.
Tonights a rest day but tomorrow is a light 40km cycle in prep for the ride for a reason...138km of hell roads.

I'm not ready but still going to give my all as it is to raise funds for cancer research / critical care.

That's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment