Thursday, May 3, 2012

Early morning epiphany

It's been ages since I've posted, I just haven't had much to say - mostly since I've hardly done anything.

I've been working, injured, sick, stressed, eating like shit and worst of all I haven't been training.

Part of that was the first three, part of that (a much larger part) has been motivation (lack of) and procrastination.

The whole "I've missed so much, how will I keep up" or "Stop pretending you can do this" or even "You should give up" thoughts have been smashing me and I let them.

My mental game has gotten weak.

It's time to fix that, if I want this - really want it not just dream about it - I have to make it happen. That means no excuses (real or exaggerated), sucking it up and diving back in.

Do what the trainers tell me.
Give 100% and stop the mental bullshit.

That epiphany came to me at 0620 in the cold waiting for the bus and the biggest part of that is simply suck it up and get back to training.

The realisation is only half the battle I now need to don the gloves and walk back through the door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alot of it is mental, u just have to stop being so hard on yourself and tell the part of your brain that has the doubt, to shut the f**k up!
your better than you give yourself credit for.

Post a Comment