Thursday, May 10, 2012

Run for the window

Last nights fight training was brutal.
I really don't think my words will do it justice, but can only try.

One hour session of heavy bag work first half combos and drills focussed on power.

Second half cardio and kick boxing...

The first half had us running between bags for single or double kicks / knees.

I was gulping down air like you wouldn't believe.

Then we got to the second stage - run, kickbox, run, thai box, run...
Two people on bags, two people running, change as soon as a runner reaches you.

After about ten minutes I needed to puke, out the window, suck a few deep breathes in and back to it. Keep pushing, stay focussed, one minute left, thirty seconds left, ten seconds, push!

That's all I can remember.... Other than finishing up and needed to puke again - glad I wasn't alone though.

Brutal session.
I was still recovering three hours later.

Tomorrow night next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment