Thursday, November 25, 2010

Couch 2 5km - week 4 - day 4

Well today, after three failed attempts at the week four running program, I can safely say - COMPLETED!

I think the issue with the other runs was that I was trying to move to quickly still.
Today when I consciously slowed down my pace - I found it a much easier run, I was still puffing and felt like I was spent by the end of the last five minute run, but I still was able to push through.

Overall pretty happy:
4.2km in 0:32:26 with an average HR of 142.
Pace of 7:43 per KM - just remember that there are enforced walks in the couch 2 5km program, so it's not entirely accurate.

Attached the GPS graph of speed vs distance - was aiming for as constant as possible on the run - ignore the spikes as the GPS polls every 3 seconds and isn't a perfect flat line.

No comments:

Post a Comment