Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers day classic and week in review

So yesterday I completed the 4.5km mothers day classic run.
I did it in 28 minute 11 seconds and was averaging around 6 minutes a km.

Certainly not quick, but not slow either.
Unfortunately for me the early morning cold affected my asthma which sucks.
It really is a pain in the ass to try and run when you can't breathe.

Either way I finished it with as minimal walking as possible - if my asthma hadn't played up I would have finished running.

Nothing more I can do, except push harder for next time.

This week has seen quite a lot of training which is good and I'm certainly on target for the results that I am after.

Monday: Kickboxing + boxing fit (knackered after that)
Tuesday: 5km run in the work gym
Wednesday: MMA then MMA Private session - not huge on the calorie burns but a good workout
Thursday: Kickboxing
Friday: REST
Saturday: REST
Sunday: 4.5km run

So all in all quite a busy week.
I've also started training my fiancée on saturday mornings for a boxing / cardio session.

She surprised me with her fitness and desire to push through whatever I threw at her.
Looking forward to keeping that up.

Really need to study I think and get my PT certs, then I can take people out for real.
I enjoy it a LOT but I know it won't pay the bills so that's an unfortunate side affect.

Anyway bit of a random musing...
I'm off to wait out the rest of the work day until I can get to training tonight kickboxing then Boxing fit.
I will be beyond stuffed afterwards, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment