Thursday, December 27, 2012

Degrees of decline

For the last nine months I've been on project work, which has been a balancing act between my work and home life.

As the project ramped up, my ability to maintain my fitness routine and diet slipped big time.
The project work increased, my time at work increased and my time for exercise dropped off to zero.

That has been significantly reflected in my fitness level.
I went for my first post Christmas run today, in fact my first fitness activity in three months, a small 2km run.

By the first km I was exhausted and starting to cramp up, by the end of the 2nd well my legs are burning and I'm soaked in sweat.

Nothing like starting fresh :/

Side note I've ballooned up to 90kg at my fittest point in this journey I reached 75kg and started to feel pretty good.

Now shit food, lack of diet control, booze and no exercise has put me up to my starting weight.
Good thing I like a challenge.

Back to the start again.
Back to the gym again.
Get out running.
Get out cycling.
Get out moving.
Get the diet back in check.

Time to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment