Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Running on emotion

Last night I went for my regular training run, but I was full of emotion.
Anger, Sadness, Frustration and a whole host more.

In the last week my workplace has been very stressful and full on, my fiance has had her Grandpa pass away and yesterday got news that her family dog of thirteen years passed away.

It was all a bit much, I normally try to run at a constant pace but I just couldn't do that yesterday.
Instead I did a series of sprints over my 3.8km normal distance.

Sprint flat out for as long as I can up to around one minute thirty, walk till I get my breathe back and repeat.

I didn't count the sprints, I didn't pace I just went until my lungs and legs where burning and I couldn't think.

Running on emotion is a dangerous place, it's easy to push yourself so hard you get into the injury danger zone, but I needed it last night.

I needed the release and to empty my head.

Tonight I'll aim for a more normal paced run.

No comments:

Post a Comment